Keith Gaskell says:
Of course the Mighty James!!! Great kayaking and a cool place to just hang out on the rocks!
Its all about the River!
Jenn Walker says:
The are so many great outdoor in Richmond, like Dominion River Rock or the Richmond Folk Festival, both with the River as a beautiful backdrop.
Travis Overstreet II says:
I loved the fact that I was off of work at 5 and at 5:20 I was on the river:)
Justin Harris gives us ten reasons:
1. I love the fact that I can go down to the 14th street takeout without calling a sole, and have a shuttle ride with friends within 15 minutes of showing up.
2. I love the fact that if I am out of beer all I have to do is go to the 14th street takeout and someone is there to quinch my thirst.
3. I love the middle lines and the fact that they are true James River kayakers secret spots.
4. I love Variations, 1st Break, Jaws, Corner Pocket, the Grateful Dead Wave, Strip Tease, The Million Dollar Wave, Bradshaw’s Boof, that cool wave at the bottom of Ashland, the 3rd drop boof, the 4th drop boof, Seldom Seen, Conception (AKA Powerdunk), LuLu’s, Deception, the Triple Drop Boof,and most of all Bowl Cove.
5. I love the fact that 3 laps on a Sunday is always an option.
6. I don’t love the fact that we can sit in the eddy below Hollywood all summer and watch stupid drunk people try to break dance down Hollywood.
7. I love the fact that the rest of Richmond sees us everyday doing our thing, and they are still clueless about why we love it.
8. I love the Home Town Throw Down, Riverrock, and the impromptu Wave Wars that are had at First Break.
9. I love Dawn Patrol, Lunch Break Paddles, sunset paddles, and midnight runs. (especially when they happen all on the same day)
10. I love the James River community and the people who make the James River the most unique place I have ever paddled, and I love the fact that the James is my home river, and always will be.
Justin also adds: And I love the sun bathing VCU girls on Belle Isle who are out every spring when the weather gets warm!